- Policy Advisor, UK
We are looking for a policy advisor to help take forward ZPG Plc’s engagement with Government, Parliament and regulatory authorities, including the CMA, Ofgem, Ofcom and the FCA.
You will work across government, competition and regulatory policy with a particular focus on the energy, communications, financial services and property sectors.
You will play a key role in advocating for positive changes to policy that helps consumers to engage with markets and get a better deal.
• Work with key stakeholders internally to develop our positions in areas of increasing importance to the business
• Draft consultation responses and letters to government and regulators on matters relevant to ZPG’s businesses, including uSwitch, Money.co.uk, Zoopla and Hometrack
• Conduct policy research and briefings that put our positions to key influencers in government, regulators and Parliament
• Work with the public relations team to hone calls to action in press and media campaigns
• Conduct stakeholder mapping and horizon scanning, ensuring the business understands upcoming relevant issues
• Develop briefings for company spokespeople on policy matters for key meetings, speeches, and media opportunities
• Produce internal updates on regulatory policy and parliamentary developments, including key publications, speeches and decisions
• Build contacts and network with influencers
• Manage the administration of the policy and regulation programme
• Experience of working in a policy research or public affairs role
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the policy-making process in government
• Excellent drafting skills to produce persuasive documents
• Ability to grasp the detail of a wide range of policy issues
• High political and commercial awareness
• Ability to adapt to change and to work in a fast-paced commercial environment
• Good networking skills
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field, such as Politics, Economics or Law
Closing Date: 2 February 2018
There will be 2 interview stages for this role as well as an on line assesment to complete.
Please send a CV via https://zpgcareers.zpg.co.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=1430
Job posted on 17th January 2018
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position