- Partnership Director, USA
Social and Economic Justice Leaders Planning Group
Salary Starting at $120, 000/YR
New York, NY or Washington, DC
Progressive movement organizations face a landscape filled with major threats as well as rising activist energy. Organizations that focus on winning current campaigns and building grassroots power need a common capacity to anticipate moments of crisis and opportunity. A partnership of key progressive groups aims to isolate focus and talent to develop cross-cutting scenarios and design common strategies for responding. The project will be a shared resource, not a new public-facing organization.
The Partnership Director will oversee the collaboration, including working closely with organizational principals and senior staff to plan and drive the scenario planning and strategic response. The Director must understand the mission and culture of movement groups and be able to assess their priorities and assets.
Works with senior leadership at the partnership groups, as well as staff and consultants to:
• Build agreement on a common workplan for the partnership;
• Identify and assess important crisis and opportunity scenarios;
• Drive research on the impacts of scenarios with key staff across partner organizations and outside experts;
• Coordinate the development of comprehensive response plans across organizations;
• Propose work to collaborate with other movement allies on response plans;
• Assist partner groups in identifying innovate communication strategies;
• Supervise staff and consultants for the partnership;
• Regularly convene principals to select and engage scenarios and to adjust the workplan;
• Work with funders on assessing and guiding the partnership and ensuring funding for the project;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Direction and Decision Making
Reports to the principals of the partner organizations, or their senior staff designee, and works with independence.
• Must have demonstrated ability to manage own work and work of others without supervision
• Requires a high level of judgment and ability to take initiative and work independently
• Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality in the project
At least ten years of related experience in labor, community or issue organizing, including senior project management experience; or a comparable combination of experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience in managing complex projects while maintaining deadlines.
• High-level strategic planning skills, including an understanding of organizational, communications, political and policy elements of scenarios
• Ability to successfully manage work and supervise staff and consultants on complex projects
• Proven ability and experience to work with senior leadership at major organizations and guide decision-making processes
• Experience working with grant-making foundations
Work is generally performed in an office setting in Washington, DC or New York, NY. Position may require working unusual hours, especially during campaign situations and conferences. May require travel and extended work hours.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/mfz6pyvc7245xs36
Job posted on 28th April 2018
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position