- Senior Policy Analyst II, USA
SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Senior Policy Analyst II Grade: PS-3 Annual Pay : $76,509.20/YR
Location: Washington, DC
This position is responsible for providing timely, sophisticated, and detailed analysis of health policy issues and works closely with other members of the health policy team to promote SEIU's health policy agenda.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
• Initiates and conducts real time analysis of topics of concern to SEIU to support legislative initiatives, industry organizing opportunities, grassroots campaigns or other political mobilization work. Areas of work include, but are not limited to, the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid and Medicare, particularly as they affect hospitals; health financing and delivery system reform; and long-term care issues on the federal and state level.
• Tracks and analyzes policy options, proposed regulations, and legislative proposals for their impact on division members and locals and use in campaigns.
• Represents SEIU in public forums and coalitions internally and externally as an advocate.
• Meets with representatives of agencies, elected officials, management and other unions to promote SEIU members' interests.
• Develops written material, including correspondence, public comments, legislative testimony, research reports and policy memoranda for use internally and externally.
• Testifies on behalf of SEIU as needed.
• Liaises and advocates with outside organizations and other unions as assigned.
• Prepares strategic recommendations for issue development.
• Monitors federal, state and local legislative and regulatory activity.
• Maintains files and performs personal clerical duties as necessary.
• Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Include SEIU and affiliate staff and other experts on policy issues, including advocacy organizations, and legislative and agency staff.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the appropriate divisional Policy Director, and the incumbent works independently.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Economics or related field and five (5) years of experience in policy analysis. Master's degree preferred. Experience with issue development in a political context required.
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of areas of interest to the relevant SEIU division. This includes knowledge of the specific industries, sectors, occupations and other issues of concern to the respective division.
• Thorough knowledge of policy analysis.
• Thorough knowledge of issue development in a political context.
• Knowledge of unions and their issues.
• Ability to conduct high level policy analysis.
• Ability to use personal computer, including spreadsheets, databases and on-line research services.
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Ability to conduct formal research, analyze data and make sound, logical Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to make formal presentations and write advocacy papers.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet established timelines.
• Skill in the use of personal computers for purposes of financial and data analysis.
• Skill in the use of spreadsheets, database management systems, presentation software and on-line information sources.
. Applicants will be asked to complete a short policy exercise before proceeding to the interview stage
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and travel may be required.
Probationary Period: Thirty six (36) calendar weeks.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/kv8fr9wmpc3cqww4
Job posted on 22nd March 2019
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position