- Criminal Justice Policy and Enforcement Intern, USA
- Parent Category: US Vacancies
Criminal Justice Policy and Enforcement Intern
Everytown for Gun Safety
New York, NY
Everytown’s Criminal Justice Policy and Enforcement (CJPE) team is hiring an intern for the Fall.
The CJPE team advances and supports gun violence prevention strategies and solutions, including local interventions to reduce city gun violence, court monitoring programs to ensure firearm relinquishment in domestic violence cases, technological tools to increase the use of crime gun tracing data to solve crimes and policy solutions to improve the implementation of common sense gun laws. The CJPE team plays a lead role in developing Everytown’s positions and priorities for state and local criminal justice work.
In this internship you will:
● Prepare briefings and presentations on policies, interventions and violence in different jurisdictions
● Monitor and summarize gun violence, criminology and public health literature
● Assist in compiling crime and violence statistics
● Draft outreach materials for a qualitative study on city data practices
● Develop a spreadsheet tracking local gun violence prevention programs, crime statistics, internal resources and other relevant data in target cities
● Assist in analyzing online firearms advertisements by unlicensed dealers
● Current graduate student, enrolled in a public administration, public policy, public health, criminology or similar program
● Experienced conducting literature reviews and knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodology
● A team player comfortable receiving assignments from multiple superiors
● Experienced using public data sources (specific experience with crime and/or CDC data would be a bonus)
● Proficient in Excel & Google Sheets
● An excellent writer
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Apply for this Job
Job posted on 14th September 2018
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position