- Economics Internship, USA
- Parent Category: US Vacancies
The Progressive Policy Institute is seeking economics interns for Spring 2018.
PPI is a nonprofit think tank that seeks to define and promote a new progressive politics for the 21st century. PPI was the main purveyor of policy innovations to Bill Clinton’s New Democrats — break-the-mold ideas that also migrated to Britain and other democratic countries around the world under the rubric of the “third way.” Today, PPI remains at the forefront of promoting a pragmatic and responsible progressivism with a focus on center-left issues in areas such as economic growth, education reform, and regulatory reform.
An ideal candidate will be someone with a thorough knowledge of and passion for economics and policy. Must have a genuine interest in domestic politics, foreign policy, and current national issues.
Economics intern’s primary responsibility:
• PPI’s economic research and policy work spans a wide range of topics, including the data-driven economy, the impact of regulation on innovation, and policies to improve production, investment and job growth, and more. The economics intern will assist PPI’s economists and contributors in researching and copyediting policy reports, op-eds, and blog posts for our website.
An Economics intern may also:
• Perform some production duties, such as finding photos and art for our publications and posts, publishing edited blog posts in WordPress, maintaining a social media presence, laying out policy reports and memos in Adobe InDesign, and other related tasks.
• Assist with office and general administrative duties.
• Coursework or other proven knowledge of economic tools and thinking
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Working knowledge of politics and policy
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• The ability to self-start and meet deadlines
We are currently seeking interns interested in working (approximately 20 hours) during regular weekday hours, but are flexible to other hours based on students’ needs. This opportunity is unpaid.
Job posted on 3rd January 2018
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position