- Government Relations Adviser, UK
In this role you will protect and enhance the Environment Agency's reputation by working flexibly within the Government Relations team and responding to work pressures. The role works across the organisation, ranging from issues of flood risk, environment protection, planning and water resources and quality. You may lead on the following areas of work:
• Leading on coordinating and quality assuring briefings for ministers, including parliamentary question responses
• Leading and coordinating effective ministerial visits for the organisation
• Working closely with the Government Relations Officer, Senior Government Relations Advisers and Government Relations Manager to help the smooth running of the team
• Providing advice to the organisation around political engagement and awareness
• Providing training on ministerial briefings, visits and parliamentary business
• Act as a key point of contact for internal and external customers on the Environment Agency’s input to parliamentary processes (including parliamentary questions and debates)
• Building and maintaining effective working relationships across the Defra Group, including our Chair, Chief Executive and Executive Directors
• Monitoring relevant parliamentary business and knowledge sharing
• Supporting incident management activities.
The Government Relations team is a busy team based in London.
We lead on the Environment Agency’s input to parliamentary processes such as select committee inquiries, parliamentary questions and debates, ensure ministers have timely and accurate briefing and manage input into ministerial correspondence. We work with Environment Agency teams and senior leadership and with Defra and other government departments to build the reputation of the Environment Agency with Government and Parliament.
Further information can be found at https://environmentagencyjobs.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/xf-e20c2ade3708/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/7337-Government-Relations-Adviser-7337/en-GB.
Closing Date: 22 January 2018
Job posted on 11th January 2018
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position