- Executive Director, USA
Annie’s List is a 15 year-old political action committee whose vision is to achieve equality for women by changing the face of power in Texas. Since we launched in 2003, Annie’s List has raised and invested almost $5 Million in our endorsed candidates’ races and supported winning candidates in 107 out of 149 races across the State of Texas.
We recruit, train, support and elect pro-choice women who are dedicated to advancing the self-determination, health, safety and financial security of Texas women and their families.
By electing pro-choice women and changing the face of power in Texas, Annie's List promotes a progressive agenda that:
• Protects the full range of reproductive rights for women
• Provides affordable and accessible health care for all Texas families
• Creates equitable wages and working conditions for women
• Prevents violence against women and children and assists those who do become victims
• Supports quality public education for all children
Annie’s List is currently recruiting for our next Executive Director. The organization is in an incredibly strong position and stands ready for the right new leader to work together to achieve truly audacious goals that change the face of power in Texas.
The Executive Director has overall accountability, responsibility, and authority for the management of the business and affairs of Annie’s List in accordance with the strategic plan and objectives adopted and approved by the Board of Directors (BOD).
• Work with the BOD to develop the strategic direction of Annie’s List. Implement and ensure its effective operations, and keep the BOD informed in a timely manner of Annie’s List progress towards or material deviation from the strategic goals.
• Develop Annie’s List’s annual business plan with approval of the BOD. This responsibility includes securing approval of financial and budget requirements to achieve the plan.
• Execute the Annie’s List fundraising plan. Cultivate new and existing major donors and keep them apprised of Annie’s List programs and activities. Build and strengthen a pipeline of donors for the organization.
• Working with all types of media to elevate the presence and brand awareness of Annie's List at the local, state and national levels.
• Manage organizational budget and ensure the efficient use of resources. Use fundraising and political metrics to adjust budgetary decisions as needed.
• Comply with applicable laws and regulations, as well as the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
• Design appropriate systems and controls to identify and mitigate risks, which may include financial, compliance, and reputational risks.
• Work effectively with the Board of Directors
• Supervise and evaluate staff performance and recommend the compensation levels for staff.
• Research, which may be commissioned and must be analyzed, should inform all work.
• Create and implement a communications plan, in partnership with staff, to promote the work of Annie’s List and affiliated candidates
• Build strong relationships with key allies across the state and nationally. Convene coalitions and serve as a liaison to ensure that Annie’s List impact reaches as far as possible.
• Create a standard of cutting-edge campaigns in Texas by: (1) partnering with allied organizations and (2) training candidates on campaign tools and technology.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of programs.
• Establish strong relationships with BOD, committees, volunteers, staff, donors, and clients across the state of Texas.
• Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding Annie’s List and the political and elected public service sectors.
Qualifications and Attributes
• Demonstrated passion about reproductive rights and women’s involvement as candidates, in campaigns, and throughout the political process.
• Demonstrated donor cultivation and fundraising experience
• Financial management and budgeting experience
• Experience managing staff and mentoring young professionals
• Political and/or campaign experience at the federal or state level
• Creative, strategic, visionary thinker who’s also able to attend to detailed and complex problems
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Organizing skills necessary to build and grow the organization’s relationship with ally groups, elected officials, volunteers and donors
• Willingness and availability to travel for work
• At least 10 years of relevant experience
• College degree required; Master’s degree preferred
This job description is not all-inclusive. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Annie’s List is committed to diversity among staff, and recognizes that continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Annie’s List is an equal opportunity employer and people of color, LGBT individuals, veterans, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. This is an exempt position.
Job posted on 17th January 2018
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position