- Partnerships Developer, USA
- Parent Category: US Vacancies
● New York, NY
● Boston, MA
● Washington, DC
● Berkeley, CA
Protect Democracy is seeking a motivated individual to join the team as a Partnerships Developer. Key responsibilities include:
● Serving as a key member of the Protect Democracy fundraising team and providing part-time administrative support to the Executive Director;
● Collaborating with the fundraising team to craft annual development goals and track progress towards those goals;
● Managing correspondence with existing and prospective donors;
● Preparing grant proposals and reports;
● Managing the many streams of Protect Democracy’s development data and overseeing various fundraising tools, including Protect Democracy’s donor database;
● Coordinating and executing fundraising events;
● Assisting in the creation of development-related materials and communications;
● Preparing the Executive Director for meetings with donors and, when required, accompanying the Executive Director;
● Working with the Executive Director to screen and triage incoming requests, including routine correspondence, scheduling matters, and requests for information;
● Independently seeking opportunities to build and improve on Protect Democracy’s development operations by closely examining needs, assessing possible solutions, and making concise recommendations to the Executive Director;
● Supporting ongoing work product by researching, writing, editing, and contributing thoughts and ideas to projects.
● Passion for protecting our democracy and willingness to place that mission above all other professional considerations;
● Keen attention to detail, strong personal motivation, and ability to quickly master the mechanics of new concepts, markets, or systems;
● Excellent critical thinking skills -- can reason your way through novel problems and have good instincts about how to get to efficient solutions;
● Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills; ability to correspond naturally with high level individuals and potential to grow into doing more one on one fundraising conversations;
● Facility with databases and data management;
● Strong writing and research skills;
● Ability to track, prioritize, and balance an assortment of ongoing responsibilities and meet competing deadlines;
● 1 year minimum of professional experience or an equivalent amount of time spent in internships/fieldwork;
● A belief that there is strength in diversity and a commitment to doing your part to ensure our workplace is inclusive;
● A growth mindset that recognizes that we all are on a constant path of improvement and that regular, candid, and direct feedback is a gift to be cherished so that we can further grow;
● Comfort consistently offering feedback to others;
● Comfort working in a collaborative environment with shared leadership;
● Comfort working in a startup environment, doing whatever is necessary to build the organization;
● Kindness and respect for others, treats others with care and support.
About Protect Democracy:
● Competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. All positions are full-time and offer a salary and benefits that are commensurate with experience and designed to be at the leading edge of competitiveness for the social justice and non-profit sector. While we cannot match for-profit sector salaries, our intent is to not make finance a bar to people who want to do this work on the theory that paying for top talent will result in greater delivery of impact towards our mission. For example, our benefits package includes: three months of paid parental leave; a 401k plan in which we match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary; and full coverage for an excellent health care plan.
● Open to applicants from all over the country. The only requirement is that your location be one that allows you to complete the demands of the position and mission. We currently have staff in DC, New York, Boston, Virginia, and North Carolina, and we offer shared workspaces in those cities for those who enjoy working in an office environment.
● Commitment to a diverse workplace. Protect Democracy is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture principles emphasize that there is strength in diversity as we believe diverse teams are more innovative, creative, and productive. Protect Democracy encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
● Ample opportunities for personal & professional development. At Protect Democracy, we invest in our staff, and that includes fostering connections between members of the team and providing opportunities for training and continued education. Candidates who do not meet all listed criteria should still apply, as our organizational structure focuses on providing mentorship and opportunities for professional growth.
Job posted on 22nd February 2019
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position